• The Last teachings of the Buddha

    # 1. Beneath the Sal-tree at Kusinara, in the last words to his disciples, the Buddha said; "Make yourself a light. Rely upon yourself, Do not depend upon anyone else. Make my teachings your light. Rely upon them, Do not depend on others' teachings". Consider your body; think of its impurity, knowing that its pain and its delight are alike, causes of agony, and How can you indulge in its desire? Consider yourself; think of its transiency; how can you fall into delusion about it and cherish pride and selfishness, Knowing that they must all end in inevitably unsatisfactoriness? Consider all substances and elements can you find amongst them the enduring (the so called self)? Are they not all aggregates that sooner or later will eventually break apart and be scattered? Do not be confused by the universality of suffering or unsatisfactoriness but follow my teachings even after my death, and you will be getting rid of pains.

    * Do this and you'll be indeed my really disciples not by any others manners.......

    #2. "My disciples, the teachings that i have given you are never to be forgotten or abandoned. They are always to be remembered and treasured, they are not to be thought about, they are to be practised. If you follow these teachings you will always be happy. The point of my teachings is to control your own mind. Keep your mind from greed, and you will keep your behaviour right, your mind pure and your words faithful. By always thinking about the transiency of your life, you will be able to resist greed and danger, and will be able to avoid all evils. If you find your mind tempted and so entangled in greed, you will have to suppress and control the temptation, be the master of your own mind do not be the slave." " A man's mind may make him a Buddha, or it may make him a beast. Misled by error, one becomes a demon. By enlightened, one becomes a Buddha. Therefore, control your mind and do not let it deviate from the right path.".. {Be a master of your mind. Do not let the mind your master}

    #3. You should respect each other, follow my teachings, and refrain from disputes; You should not, like water and oil, that repel from each others, but you should be the milk and water, mingle into each others. (Study together, learn together, practise together) Do not waste your mind and time idleness and quarreling. Enjoy the blossoms of Enlightenment in their season and harvest the fruit of right path. (IF YOU NEGLECT THEM, THAT MEANS YOU HAVE NEVER REALLY MET ME). it means that you are far from me, even if you are actually with me. but of you accept the and practise my teachings, you are then very near to me, even though you are miles away from me. {Realize the Buddha by implementing his teachings not his physical body by that i meant a symbols or statues that use to represent his present, even his real body, wouldn't matter much}.

    #4. My disciple my end is approaching, my parting is near, but Do not lament. Life is even changing, none can escape the dissolution of the body. This i am now to show my own death, My body is falling apart like a dilapidated cart. Do not vainly lament but realize that nothing is stable and learn from it from the emptiness of human life. Do not cherish the unworthy desire that the changeable might become unchangeable. the demon of worldly desires is always seeking chances to deceive the mind. if a viper is in your room and you wish to have a peaceful sleep definitely you need to have to chase it out. In a like manner you must break free from the bonds of worldly passions and drive them away as you would do to a viper. {You must positively protect your mind}

    #5. My disciples, my last moment has come, but do not forget that death is only the end of the physical body. The Body was born from parents and was nourished by foods, just as inevitable are sickness and death. But the true Buddha is not a human body; It is enlightenment, a human body will die, but the wisdom of enlightenment will shine forever in the truth of Dhamma, and the practices. He who sees merely my body does not truly see me. Only he who accepts and practises my teachings is really sees me. After my death, the Dhamma shall be your teacher. Follow the dhamma and you will be through to me. During the last forty-five of my life, i have withheld nothing from my teachings there is no secret teachings no hidden meaning, everything has been taught openly and clearly.

    My dear disciples, this is the end. In a moment, i shall be passing into Nirvana. This is my instruction.....

1 comments:

  1. The world keeps spinning around..

Post a Comment